Monday, September 13, 2010

Zebra with Antlers

This painting is called Zebra with Antlers. I got this zebra head from a photo. The zebra has unique large yellow-green antlers. Zebras don't have antlers in real life but I put antlers on it to make it more interesting and I love animals with antlers. The antlers on every animal I paint is my trademark. This would be perfect for Christmas because the background is red and the head of zebra is green with black stripes.The painting is loud and charming. The zebra is kind and loving. The bright green zebra contrast with the bright red background because red and green are opposite on the color wheel. This painting took 3 sessions because of painting the green and black stripes in, painting the antlers, painting the red background around the zebra and the antlers. This is my favorite painting because the green and the red and the yellow-green antlers stand out together. I used acrylic paint and felt pen marker on the antlers and the muzzle. I finished this painting on August 17,2010.

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment