Friday, September 10, 2010

Moon Buffalo with Antlers

This painting is called Moon Buffalo with Antlers. I used dark to light sideways instead top to bottom. I did the opposite with the buffalo. This painting looks like the moon when you look at it in the distance. This was a water buffalo with antlers. The left side of the buffalo is dark blue and purple, and the background is a lighter blue. The other side of the buffalo is opposite. This painting is a cool painting because blue is a cold color. The right eye and nostril stands out against the blue because it's red. Red is the opposite of blue on the color wheel. The buffalo came from a picture. I used acrylic on this painting. This painting is quiet and peaceful. I did this painting because I like  animals with horns and antlers. I got this painting sold yesterday at my first art walk at the Baxter Hotel in downtown Bozeman! I was very excited!  

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment