Monday, September 13, 2010

Haiti has Earthquakes, Montana has Earthquake

This painting is called Haiti has Earthquakes, Montana has Earthquakes. The palace in Haiti collapsed in an earthquake on January 12, 2010 in Haiti. I got this painting from a photo. I painted the severely damaged palace shades of pink, red, white, and purple. This painting is interesting, sad, and colorful. I took my time drawing the palace, painting the colors, the damage to the crumbled palace like cracks, collapsed upper portion of the palace, the night sky, and the pink and purple grass. This painting is memorable for all of those people who died in the earthquake in Haiti. It took 3 sessions because all of the detail on the palace, like the cracks, the windows, choosing the colors, painting the colors in, drawing the steps in, and etc. This is my favorite painting because of the bright colors, the purple-pink sky with star and a full moon, the shape of the building, the cracks in the building, because it was so big in the news. The damage to the palace from the earthquake and colors make the palace stands out because of the shades and highlights of the pinks,reds, whites, and purples. I love how the sky and the ground kind of match each other in pinks and purple. I used acrylic paint and felt pen marker. I finished this painting on June, 21, 2010.

For Sale: 12"x16" NFS
Canvas Sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment