Sunday, June 30, 2013

Save the Rhino



I sketched in a rhino face.  The first horn has antlers growing out of it.  I painted the background on the left side and under the rhino a greyish green by adding more green than red.  On the top right of the rhino the background is brownish red by mixing more red than green.  I painted the background twice to make it more intense.  I cleaned up the rhino with white twice.  I painted the rhino’s horns four times to make it vibrant.  The left side of his horn with antlers growing out of it is neon red.  The right horn with antlers growing out is glow in the dark bright green.  I painted the upper head, face a light bright yellow green.  The middle section of his head and face is glow in the dark green.  His lower part of his chin, neck, head, and face is dark green.  His eye is dark green with a very light green line on the bottom of the eye.  There are a couple of very light green spots under his second horn and on his upper face.  Most of his second horn is light green, but has green and dark green on its outer edges.  There is a fin shaped shadow and a very light green highlight next to it.  I painted the rhino three times.  I repainted the rhino’s body one more time.  I painted all the highlights on all the top and right sides.  On the rhino’s left antlers and main horn the highlights are light red or pink.  On the rhino’s right antler and main horn the highlights are very light green.  On top of the rhino’s head from the second horn on the highlights are also a very light green.  There is also a very light green line under the rhino’s chin to make it standout against the dark green background.  I put neon bright red stars in the dark green background.  I also put glow in the dark bright green stars in the dark red background.  This painting was finished on April 1, 2013.  This rhino reminds me of Christmas because its colors are different shades of red and green.  This painting is called Save the Rhino, because rhino’s are almost extinct because people are poaching for their horns. 

For Sale: $70
Completed: April 1, 2013
Stretched Canvas: 20”x16”

No comments:

Post a Comment