Monday, June 3, 2013

Trophy Madness

12"x24"


I sketched out elk heads and antlers. I painted the back ground in cobalt blue and then repainted it again.  It took awhile because I had to paint around the thin antlers.  I repainted the antlers white to make it look nicer.  The elk head on the top left hand corner has antlers that glow in the dark bright orange and I repainted it twice.  The antlers under that elk head is bright orange.  The elk head under the orange antlers has glow in the dark bright yellow antlers.  On the top right hand corner the elk antlers glow in the dark bright green.  Under that is another elk that has bright yellow antlers. I painted that antler twice.  Next to the yellow antlers there is a big weird deer with antlers that are bright green.  Under the yellow elk antlers is another big weird deer with antlers that are bright orange.  I repainted all the antlers three more times to make it brighter.  It took a very long time because I had to paint the thin antlers very carefully.  I painted highlights on all the antlers.  On all the orange antlers the highlights are light orange.  On all the yellow antlers the highlights are light yellow.  On all the green antlers the highlights are light green.  All the highlights are on the right side and top.  I painted the left bottom elk head neon red three times to make it bright.  The two other elk heads are light blue.  I painted them twice to make it more intense.  I painted the highlights on the red elk head pink.  The highlights on the two blue elk heads are a lighter blue.  On the blue head I put a neon red eye.  On the red head I put a light blue eye.  I finished this painting on February 12, 2013.  This painting is called Trophy Madness

For Sale $65
Completed: February 12, 2013
Stretched Canvas: 12”x24”

No comments:

Post a Comment