Monday, June 3, 2013

Snail 1 & 2

Snail I

I sketched in an antlered snail on another small canvas. I painted the background blue. The top is dark blue, the middle is turquoise blue, and the bottom is a light turquoise blue. I cleaned up the edges on the snail and its antlers. I painted the snail in shades of oranges. The first spiral of the snails shell on the outer is yellow, then yellow orange, orange, then red orange on the inner part of the first spiral. On the second spiral on the shell the colors are: yellow, yellow orange, and orange. On the last spiral on the shell the colors are: yellow orange and yellow. The foot of the snail is yellow orange. The snail’s antenna is orange. The snail’s eye is yellow orange on the outer part, then orange on the inner part. The pupil or eyeball is dark red, the same color as the snail’s left antler. The snail’s left antler is dark red, almost dark brown. The snail’s right antler is a little bit dark red, but it is mostly yellow orange.  I painted the snail and its antlers four times to make it vibrant. It took a very long time to paint because I had to paint the snail’s shell and antlers very carefully. I painted highlights on the snail and its antlers. I painted highlights on the antlers first. On the left antler I painted the highlights light dark red almost like dark brown three times to make it stand out. I did the same with the other antler, but the highlights are yellow. The highlight on the foot of snail is yellow. I also painted that three times. I painted the highlights on the snail’s antenna light orange. I paint it two times. I painted highlights on the top of the snail’s shell a light yellow two times to make bright. I finished this painted on February 14, 2013. This painting is called Snail I.



Snail II

I sketched in a snail with antlers. I painted the background on a small canvas. The background is red orange at the top, orange and yellow orange at center, and yellow at the very bottom. I painted the snail in different shades of blue. The colors are: light turquoise, turquoise, blue, and dark blue. The outer shell is light blue, the middle is turquoise blue, and the inner part is dark blue. The second spiral repeats the pattern of the same colors. The snail’s head is turquoise blue. The eye is light blue. The eyeball is super dark blue. The foot of the snail is light blue, but has a dark shadow under the shell. The right antler is light blue and the left antler is super dark blue. I painted the snail and its antlers two times to make it more vibrant. I painted all the highlights twice to make it stand out. On the left antler the highlights are light super dark blue. On the right antler the highlights are very light blue. On the snail’s antenna, over the eye, eyeball, shell and the shell’s spiral are light blue. This painting is called Snail II. This painting was finished on February 22, 2013. This painting is really vibrant because of the blue against an orange background. This painting reminds of oceans. The antlers remind me of wild Montana.


Donated to Be Hopeful Daniel team - Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Man of the Year Campaign
SOLD 

No comments:

Post a Comment