Monday, June 3, 2013

Antlered Sea Creatures

20"x16"
I sketched out a fish and two snails.  I put antlers on all of them.  I painted a wavy background to represent water.  The background is blue, green, and purple.  I repainted half the background blue, green, and purple.  It took awhile because I had to paint around the antlers.  I painted part of the fish and the snail’s body in shades of yellow, yellow orange, orange, and red orange.  Yellow is the lightest, yellow orange is the next darker shade of yellow. Orange is dark, and red orange is the darkest.  I blended in all the colors on the fish and the snails.  I also finished painting the background.  I repainted the two snails along the bottom in shades of red orange, orange, yellow orange, and yellow.  I repainted the snails again to make them brighter.  I painted the main body of the fish black and bright blue.  Then I fixed up the antlers with white.  I painted shadow lines on the fish’s fins olive green.  On one of the snails I painted olive green on the spiral of the shell.   I painted all the antlers light blue.  The highlights are a much lighter blue.  The highlights continued on the right side and top.  I did some blending and texture on the fish and snails.  I painted red orange closet to the fish’s body, blended orange into red orange, then blended yellow into orange.  I did all the blending on all the fish’s fins.  I did the blending in between the shaded olive green stripes on the fins.  I painted a black line around the fish’s blue stripe and eye.  I painted a big black pupil and then a tiny white dot in the pupil.  On the snails I painted red orange on the outer spirals and yellow on the inner spirals.  I painted their antenna light blue and the highlights a lighter blue.  I painted olive green shade under both the snail’s feet.  I painted the right snail.  I painted olive green line on the spiral.  I finished this painting on March 8, 2013.  This painting is called Antlered Sea creatures. 

For Sale $150
Completed: March 8, 2013
Stretched Canvas: 20”x16”

No comments:

Post a Comment