Sunday, June 30, 2013

Puff Antler


I sketched a pecan with antlers on its head.  A pecan is a bird with a colorful beak.  I painted the background a blue grey by mixing orange and blue.  I painted more orange in a certain spot but blended it in with blue.  I painted the pecan’s face, chest, and antlers white.  I painted the rest of the body, top of head, feathers out of top of eyes, and pupil black.  I painted it two times.  I painted the beaks front half orange red.  The other half of the beak is yellow orange with orange blended on the bottom of beak.  I also painted the beak twice.  I outlined the crease on the beak with red orange and orange.  Then I outlined the middle of beak with red orange and baby blue.  The highlight under the eye is yellow.  I outlined around the eye with baby blue.  The eyeball is a white dot.  I outlined the bird, feathers over eyes, and all right sides and top of antlers with baby blue.  I finished this painting on March 13, 2013.  This painting is called Puff Antler.  This painting is cute, vibrant, and bright.  The antlers look like a moon or icicles because they are white. 

SOLD
Completed: March 13, 2013
Stretched Canvas: 16”x20”

No comments:

Post a Comment