Friday, November 22, 2013

Starry Night Antlers

20"x16"
I sketched in mountains and elk antlers standing up vertically. The antlers have flowers on the end of them. The antlers are in the foreground. Then I painted the sky purple two times to make it dark. The mountains are baby blue. I painted the mountains baby blue again to make it vibrant. I then painted the foreground blue green. I painted the foreground two times to make it darker. I painted the antlers white two times. I painted flowers petals on the tips of all the antlers. The petals in the purple area are in a light baby blue. In the baby blue area the petals are blue green. In the blue green area the petals are light purple. I finished painting the petals one more time. Then I blotched a white center for the flowers. Then I painted white stars in the sky. In the purple background area the centers of the flowers are yellow. In the blue background area the centers of the flowers are orange. In the blue green background area the center of the flowers are red. This painting is called Starry Night Antlers. This painting was finished on August 9, 2013. The flower centers are complementary colors with the background. I like how the white antlers are against the darker background. I painted the background and the mountains from a photo.

SOLD
Completed: August 9, 2013
Stretched Canvas: 20"x16"


No comments:

Post a Comment