Tuesday, January 24, 2012

German Castle

First I sketched the castle from a photo. I also drew in the hills and sky. I drew in all the fancy decorations and windows. I painted the sky dark purple at the top. In the middle section the sky is dark blue with some dark purple blended into it from the top. I painted light purple at the bottom of the sky, then blended it with the dark blue above. I painted dark blue around the castle. I painted a pretty lighter blue throughout the sky. I painted a little bit of that pretty blue on the right side of the painting below the sky. I painted the hills below the sky dark blue twice to make it stand out. Then I painted and repainted the hills underneath the dark blue hills and dark greyish blue. I painted the hills underneath the dark greyish blue turquoise. I painted the cliffs that the castle sits on shades of turquoise: dark blue, dark greyish blue, and white for light turquoise. I blotched dark blues in all areas under the castle. I blotched blue for the medium, light blues for  light like what I did for dark blue blend it in between. I started painting the castle on the left side where the light is hitting it light orange. Then I started painting the right side of the castle a rusty orange for shades. The in between dark and light will be pure orange. I painted half of the castle's roof tops a different shades of rusty red like light, medium, and dark. The red, orange, dark brown, and white are mixed in for the shade rusty red. I finished more of the castle colors; like yellow orange for light orange, orange for medium, orange brown for dark, and dark brown for the darkest. I basically finished blocking in the castle. I painted the area underneath the castle rusty red. I painted a light purple line on the very bottom horizon where it meets with the lighter blue. I painted a little section of the sky a lighter blue. Then I painted all the castle windows a dark blueish purple. I repainted the dark shapes of the castle, but that took a while because of all the details. I repainted the lightest shades too but, again took awhile because all of the details. I painted dark blue on the left bottom-central edge of the castle, then squiggle lighter blue along the dark blue, with my stroke slanted down and fill in the stripes to look like a cliff. I painted an orange moon and white, blue, purple, and orange stars scattered across the sky. This painting took 7 sessions to finish. It was finished on October 23,2011. The castle looks good for Halloween because of the its glowing orange against the dark sky, along with a full orange moon. It looks like a Disney castle. This painting is called The German Castle.

NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment