Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Checkerboard Dams

36"x23.5"
I sketched Glen Canyon Dam, with Hoover Dam behind it. I drew curved lines up and down and across to show its concrete. I drew intake towers on Hoover Dam. I started painting the right side of the dam purple and yellow. I painted in squares that are checkerboard yellow and purple. The checkerboard pattern is the concrete dam's face. I finished painting purple and yellow squares in a checkerboard pattern. Then I started painting in squares that are  checkerboard pattern green and red. The red and green is in the middle section of the dam. I did all the squares from top to bottom. It took awhile to paint because I had to paint the squares carefully. In between the bridge, the squares were hard to paint. Next I painted all the squares orange and blue the same way I did with the green and red on the left side of the dam, above the bridge. I painted all the squares carefully. I painted the left side of the dam blue and orange. Half of the squares were red orange at the top, orange on the top half, yellow orange on the bottom half, and light orange at the bottom. The other squares were purple blue at the top, blue at the top half section, light blue at the bottom half section, and lighter blue at the bottom. The middle of the dam is made of red and green squares. Half of the squares are: Dark red at the top, red at the top half, red orange at the bottom half, and light red at the bottom. The other squares are: Dark green at the top, green at the top half section, yellow green at the bottom half section, and light green at the bottom. Then I painted the right side of the dam. The squares are purple. Dark purple at the top, blue purple at the top half section, purple at the bottom half section, and light purple at the bottom. I painted the yellow squares from orange yellow with a little bit of purple in it at the top to white yellow at the bottom. I started on the left side of Hoover Dam. The squares are yellow and purple. They're the same pattern as Glen Canyon's. I painted the lookout supports red and green. Dark at the bottom and light at the top. I painted the left side of Hoover Dam twice with purple and yellow. It goes dark at the bottom to light at the top. The colors are: dark purple, light purple, and lighter purple. Also dark orange yellow, yellow, and lighter yellow. The middle section: Dark green, green, and light green. Also: Dark red, red orange, and pink. Right side of the dam: Red orange, orange, and yellow orange. Also: Dark blue, blue, and light blue. On the left hand corner the sky is light blue. The right hand corner the sky is dark blue. The bridge and the dams crests (tops) are black. I painted the lookout supports on the left side of the dam dark purple and yellow. The yellow has yellow orange with a little purple and red in it. All the skinny sides are dark yellow. The fronts are dark purple. I repainted them purple three times. The middle of the dam, the supports are dark red and green. The fronts are dark red. The right side of the dam the supports are dark red and orange and dark blue. The skinny sides are dark blue. The fronts are dark red orange. On Glen Canyon Dam, the two skinny triangle structures are dark red and green. The two flag like supports, the right support are dark red orange and blue and light blue on the square top. The left support are dark yellow and purple and light yellow at the square top. I started painting the two intake towers different shades of orange: red orange, orange, and light orange. I finished painting the intake towers shades of orange. I repainted one of the flag shaped supports on Glen Canyon Dam is light purple. One side of the two structures on either side of Glen Canyon are light green. There are four big support structures things on Hoover Dam.  Half are orange and blue and the right half are purple. I repainted the night sky dark and the day sky a light blue to make it brighter. I painted the bridge with white stripes. I did the same thing with the dams top. I started repainting the purple squares to make them intense on Glen Canyon Dam. I repainted all the purple squares from dark purple, blue purple, purple, and light purple at the bottom. Then I repainted all the orange squares from dark to light: Red orange, orange, yellow orange. and white orange at the bottom of Glen Canyon Dam. Then I repainted all the green squares from: Dark green, green, yellow green, and light green at the bottom. I repainted the red squares from: dark red, red, red orange, and pink at the bottom. I painted the white stripes on the bridge and the two dam crests (tops) straighter. I painted the moon and stars on the top right hand corner. I painted the sun white first, then painted it yellow orange. The sun is on the top left hand corner. All the squares took a long time because I had to paint them carefully. This painting is called Checkerboard Dams. This painting was finished on January 2, 2012.  This Checkerboard Dams painting is psychedelic.

For Sale: 36"x23.5" $100
Canvas Board

No comments:

Post a Comment