Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dancing with the Stars

I sketched in the ballroom stage. I painted the top bar where the ball hangs from - blue and purple blended into it. The half square on the stage was blue with a lighter blue blended into it. The background was blackish blue. The ball was purple. The floor was a lighter blue, blue, and some purple blended into it. I painted it twice to make it brighter. I drew and blocked in the dancer in white. Paula showed me how to make shine on the floor and the purple ball. She said to put stars in the background. The stars are shades of: blues, pink, purple, and white. She showed me how to paint lines in the floor for reflection from the stage lights. She said put rings around the lights. I painted the bars that spread out like a fan light blue at the top to dark blue at the bottom. I painted the dancer's skin a peachy flesh color by mixing orange, yellow, and white together. I painted the dancer's clothes and socks a light purple color. I painted white and light blue lines for highlights on the half square shaped support on the stage. I painted dark purple lines for shades on the half square shaped support. I painted white rings around the lights closest to the purple ball. Then I put hot pink rings around all the lights at the top. I put hot pink, light blue, blue, white, light purple, and purple stars in the dark background. I put two hot pink stage lights and two squiggly lines for reflection. I painted the dancer's hair a dark brown by mixing yellow and dark purple. I painted white L shaped highlights on the fan shaped bars. I painted some shades on the dancer's skin by mixing white, orange, yellow, and a little bit of brown. The shades on the dancer's clothes are dark purple. I repainted the dancer's outfit a darker purple. I painted a little white on the dancer's neck, then painted it a dark flesh color. I painted squiggly lines, then painted white for reflection. I painted the dancer's reflection white, then painted it a darker purple. I painted the reflection on the light bar at the top of the stage hot pink with purple blended into it. This painting is called Dancing with the Stars. I finished this painting on January 8, 2012. I love how the bright colors glow against the dark background.

NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment