Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Two moons Two rhinos

I sketched two rhinos from a photo. The rhino on the left is blue and the one on the right is red. On both rhinos the shading goes from dark at top to light at the bottom. On both the red and blue rhinos I blended the colors together. The background on the left is: light orange at the top, orange in the middle, and red orange at the bottom. The same is for the green background on the right. I repainted the red rhino again. I repainted the blue rhino too. I blend in dark red, red, light red, and lighter red on the red rhino. I also did the same thing with the blue rhino. I shaded both the rhino's legs from darkest to lightest sideways. I painted different shades in the rhino's faces. The blue rhino's horn is orange. Blue and orange contrast because they're opposite of the color wheel. The horns shades are: red orange, orange, and white orange. The eye is orange. The red rhino's horn is green. The horn shades are: dark green, green, and yellow green. Red and green are complementary colors. The eye is green. The background is green on the right and orange on the left. Under the blue rhino's feet is dark red shadows. Under the red rhino's feet is dark green shadows. On the top left hand corner is a light blue full moon with stars the same color. On the top green background there is a pale pink moon with star exactly the same color. I like this painting because two rhinos, two different backgrounds, and two moons. This painting is very unique, colorful, and peaceful. This painting took 3 sessions to finish. I used acrylic paint, brushes, and water. I finished this painting on August 14, 2011

NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment