Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ghost Town

20"x16"
First I drew the buildings. I drew a lots of boards that were showing on the old buildings. I drew in the sage brush. I painted the sky blue with purple blended in it. I painted the sky through the boards on some buildings. Then I painted the soil dark purple for shades, and dark green for lighter areas and in some areas are in between purple and green. Next, I painted the grass and bushes lime green. I painted some boards mustard yellow. I painted more boards on the buildings. The boards with light shining on it, it is mustard yellow with white in it. The boards that are in between light and dark, it is mustard yellow with orange in it. The super dark boards are mustard yellow, orange with purple in it. I still was working on the boards of the buildings.The beams that were the lightest was light mustard color. The second lightest are plain mustard yellow. The dark boards are mustard yellow with orange and then I blended dark purple. I painted more boards from the last time I painted. I painted the tin building on the left side light gray, gray, and dark gray and blend it in with some orange. I painted the barrel light yellow, mustard yellow with a little bit of orange in it. The darkest part of the barrel is orange. The holes in the barrel and very top of the barrel is dark purple. This painting reminds me of Halloween because of the dark purple against the bright lime green. The buildings glow against the dark sky. This painting is interesting, loud, and Halloween looking. This painting took 6 sessions to complete. I used acrylic paint, brushes, and water. This painting was finished on July 3, 2011.

NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment