Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Indian Animals

20"x10"
 I sketched in the animals fighting with theirs antlers. The top half of the background has orange and red in different places. The bottom half of the background has orange and light orange in different places, too. The animal on the left is green. The animal on the right is purple. On the green animal I painted the top dark green. I blended dark green into the green. The green is in the middle section. Towards the bottom his body is light green. The animal on the right is purple. On the top of the animal is dark purple. I blended the dark purple into the purple. Then I blended in purple with the light purple towards the bottom. I painted the mane green on the purple animal's back. I painted 5 spots down the purple animal's neck yellow, light yellow at top and dark yellow at bottom. I painted both the animal's antlers a light baby blue. Both of the animal's hooves are the same colors as the antlers. I painted red stripes on the green animal's legs. The green animal's mane is purple. I repainted the purple animal's mane green to make it brighter. Green is very hard to paint with because it is very hard to cover up. In the thigh of the purple animal, there is an oval with: yellow, blue, and light pink. The green animal's rump is light baby blue with light pink spots inside of it. I repainted the red stripes on the green animal's legs. The light baby blue glows with the dark orange background because they're opposite of the color wheel. The animals are fighting with their antlers. This painting took 3 sessions to complete. I completed this painting on July 31, 2011. This painting stands out, a lot of action, and very interesting patterns on the animals.

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment