Saturday, November 12, 2011

Anna Sitting on Hoover Dam

We sketched me sitting on Hoover Dam. We painted the sky blue green. We painted the cliffs red brown. The lighter red is for highlights and the dark red is for shadows where the sun is not shining. The highlights and shadows make it look like a rock. The face of the dam, towers, etc, are pure green. Pure green is hard to paint because it does not cover up well. Parts of the dam are light green for highlights where the sun is hitting it and the dark green is the shadows where the sun is not shining.  The top of the intake tower are blue green. In the foreground the top of dam is dark red for shadow. I painted my face, arms, and legs a pinkish color. The right side of my face, arms, and legs are light pink to show where sun is shining. The left side of my face, arms, legs are dark pink for shadows. I painted my shirt dark blue for shadows and light blue for highlights. The dam took a long time to finish because all of the details. I finished this painting on April 4, 2011. This painting stands out because of the reds and greens contrasting. This is bright and peaceful. I outlined everything with felt marker.

For Sale:  14"x18" SOLD
Canvas Board

No comments:

Post a Comment