Thursday, November 15, 2012

Harvest Moon Antlers

I sketched in fancy elk antlers. I sketched in a full moon top central of the painting. I painted the background from dark to light. The top is dark purple, the middle is medium, and the bottom is light purple. I painted the top four times to make it dark. The middle and bottom I painted three times to make it more intense. It took a very long time because I had to paint around some thin antlers. I painted the two antlers at the top neon red. I had to paint the antlers four times to make it very bright. It took a very long time because I had to paint each tine very carefully. The neon red pop out against the dark purple sky. I painted four antlers toward the bottom. The antler on the left is pure bright red. The second antler is mainly red, but the parts of the down tines are dark brown. The third antler is bigger and the top is neon red, the middle is red, and the bottom is dark brown. The fourth antler is tiny and the top is neon red and the rest of it is red. I painted the antlers four times to make it more vibrant. That took a long time. I painted highlights on all the antlers. The highlights is where the moon is hitting it. I painted all the stars bright yellow orange. I painted the dark side of the moon orange. The light side of the moon is bright yellow orange. I painted the moon twice to make it bright. This painting is called Harvest Moon Antlers. I finished this painting on October 11, 2012. I like how the neon red and dark purple stand out. I like how the light purple and the dark brown stand out. This painting reminds me of a fall or Halloween moonlight night.

For Sale: $100
Stretched Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment