Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bobcats Hershey Kiss Antlers

I sketched the Hershey kisses antlers in. I painted the whole background a neon yellow. It took me a long time because I had to paint the narrow spaces in between the antlers very carefully. I repainted the whole background neon yellow twice to make it brighter. It took a very long time because I had to paint around the antlers very carefully. I painted all the antlers blue. I painted the antlers three times to make it more intense. It took a very long time because to paint some of the tines were very narrow. I painted highlights and shadows on all the antlers. The highlights are a lighter blue and the shadows are a dark blue. All the highlights are on the left sides and bottom. All the shadows are on the right sides and top. It took a long time because I had to paint the shadows and highlights on all the antlers very carefully. I painted the part of the skull on the big antlers dark blue three times to make it dark. I painted the shadows and highlights twice. This painting was finished on September 27, 2012. I like how the bright yellow background contrast with the darker blue antlers. The colors remind me of MSU's football team colors. This painting is called Bobcats Hershey Kiss Antlers. I saw the Hersey kiss antlers at the Antler man's display in Three Forks. He is very famous in Montana for all his antlers. He has over 15,000 antlers.

For Sale: $60
Stretched Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment