Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Gurgles

10"x8"
I painted the outer ring of the intestine red. The ring next to the red ring is neon orange ring. Next to the neon orange ring is a lighter neon orange ring. Next to the lighter neon orange is a neon yellow ring which in the very middle. In the red ring I painted green pieces of food digesting. In the neon orange ring I painted the food light blue. In the lighter neon orange I painted the food a dark blue. In the neon yellow ring I painted the food purple. In the green food the bubbles are a light green. In the light blue food the bubbles are a lighter blue. In the dark blue food the bubbles are lighter blue. In the purple food the bubbles are a lighter purple. I painted the highlights on the bottom of all the bubbles. I painted shadows on the top of all the bubbles. I put a white dot in the center of each bubble for shine. This painting is called Happy Gurgles. I finished this painting on July 10, 2012. This painting reminds me of the solar system. The colors are complementary colors meaning they are opposite of the color wheel. I painted this picture of gurgles because Del wanted me to use my imagination on what gurgles looked like.This painting only two sessions because it's on a very small canvas.

NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment