Monday, January 10, 2011

Storm on the palaces

For the base color on the severe thunderstorm cloud, I painted in the wall cloud light gray, dark blue gray, and light blue gray. First I painted 5 black lines in the upper storm cloud. I repainted the storm cloud dark gray blue in circles to cover up the white dots and intense and feel that it's a cloud. I painted under the storm cloud a lighter blue gray than the top. The antlers that are behind the Russian palace are dark red orange. The bright red orange contrast with dark blue because the orange and the blue are opposite of the color wheel. I painted the windows on both the palaces different shades of orange with blue around it to contrast and to balance the painting. I then painted the end sections on the earthquake damaged palace bright green, and I repainted it the same color to make it intense. I painted the big cracks above the windows dark green. Green is a very hard color to cover up. I painted the 2 end tops on Haiti's damaged palace yellow. I painted the Russian palace different shades of pink. The pink really stands out against the dark blue storm sky. I again painted the Russian palace to make it more intense. The balconies of the Haiti palace is bright orange with some lime green. I painted the space in the middle section yellow, then painted it again to make it brighter. I painted the 3 main sections of the damaged palace bright orange and green. I painted the 2 middle sections of the Russian palace dark pink, pink, blue, and dark blue. First the lightning bolt was white silver, then painted it lime green and the top of the storm cloud too. The line where the storm cloud meets the horizon is lime green. I outlined all the details on both palaces with a felt marker. This painting took 6 sessions because of all the detail on the storm cloud, antlers, the earthquake damaged palace, and the Russian palace. This painting is interesting, loud, and violent. The severe thunderstorm is very violent because it can produce a tornado. I finished this painting on October 19, 2010.

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment