Friday, January 14, 2011

Floating Shells and Antlers

First I painted the background yellow, then I sketched in the shells and antlers with a pencil. I painted the antlers purple, then added light purple for highlights and dark purple for shadows. The spider shell has lime green points. The outer edge is purple. The top is red with green dot with pink in the middle. The lip of the shell is purple with lime green. The bottom of the shell is orange with red dots. It also has 3 lime green stripes on the bottom and 1 at the top. The 2 moon shells have lots of stripes. They are orange, red, lime green, darker orange, purple, etc. Then I repainted everything to cover up the white spot and also to make it stick out more. Then I outlined the antlers and shells with felt pen. I drew and painted the antlers from a photo. I like this painting because the purple and yellow contrast with each other. Purple and yellow contrast with each other because they are opposite on the color wheel. This painting is interesting and loud, and attractive. This painting took 2 to 3 sessions. I finished this painting on December 20, 2010.

SOLD. 

10"x20"
Canvas Board

No comments:

Post a Comment